Wednesday, February 26, 2014

just "hanging" around

hfs and i are "hanging" out at home while pbs is in preschool and js is at work.

"baby wearing" is such a great way to get things done around the house! hfs is in the wrap/carrier and i am able to write/type this post, do laundry, pick up some clutter, eat, etc. i love it! it's great to get out and go with hfs and pbs, although we haven't done any of that lately because of the weather.

we were given a my baby nest carrier and two baby bjorn carriers when we were expecting pbs a few years ago. we still have these carriers and far the my baby nest carrier works great for carrying hfs around. he seems to like "hanging" out while mommy gets things done.

pbs and lynn marie a few years ago
pbs loved "hanging" out in the my baby nest carrier too. the baby bjorn carrier works better for js and the my baby nest carrier works better for me. 

i'm thinking about trying out a couple of other carriers but i don't know which ones. i've heard great things about the ergo, boba, moby, and k'tan but i also don't want to spend a fortune for something i will only use for a year or two. 

i like the fact that the baby can be forward facing in the baby bjorn and my baby nest. the my baby nest has several different ways that the baby can be carried - forward facing, facing me, on the hip, on the back, nursing cradle, etc. i think that's how most wraps and slings are. i'm not sure how i feel about the baby always facing me. i know that pbs loved being able to see out and look around while facing forward. 

what are your favorite carriers and why? any suggestions for which ones to try or to avoid? 

No comments:

Post a Comment