Thursday, December 15, 2011

holiday blues

decorations are mostly up. gifts are purchased and beginning to be wrapped. those are good things, but why do i seem to feel down at this time of year?

i know there are reasons for this and that i can't do anything to change past circumstances. my aunt passed away 16 years ago a few days after thanksgiving. i had a miscarriage three years ago around this time. all of the hustle and bustle gets to me. i like to spend time with my family and we seem to do less of that during the holidays.

there are always so many parties to go to. i think we've had at least one every weekend since the beginning of december, some weekends more. all the planning and budgeting that goes into buying gifts and traveling to the family, just gets to be too much for me sometimes. i'm so thankful for the advent services on wednesday nights at church to calm my spirit and help me to remember what all of this is really about.

now i need to figure out what to do to get out of this funk, these holiday blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment